Learn how to save significant tax dollars for your clients, and earn 4 CPA CPE!
In this 50-minute session, members of Tax Credits Group will provide attendees with an update on recent legislative, regulatory, and IRS issued guidance related to both the Research and Development Tax Credit and the Employee Retention Credit. They’ll also share their thoughts on how recent legal controversies in these areas may play into the future. Attendees will learn about the following:
- New legislation that increases the amount of credit that a startup can claim
- Proposed legislation that aims to further strengthen the credit for startups
- How new legislation impacts taxpayers looking to claim both R&D and ERC credits in 2021
- Why a new IRS mandate will make it more difficult for taxpayers to file and claim R&D credits via amended returns
- Why taxpayers should be concerned about the recent outcome of ‘Little Sandy Coal Company Inc. vs. Commissioner”
- Critical State credit updates
- How recent legislation limits the 2021 ERC opportunity for employers
- Key takeaways from IRS notices
Auctions are not what you think they are! Often misunderstood, auctions are an effective option for property owners who want to control their sale from start to finish. Kiko will explain the benefits of auctions for sellers:
- Control of the Terms – Property is sold at designated time, place and “as is” with no contingencies. Buyer’s premium covers the cost of selling.
- Parts vs. Whole – By offering property separate then together, the sellers receive ultimate benefit from competitive bidding.
- Division of Interest – Transparency during estate, divorce, partnership, or corporation sales.
Engineering-based Cost Segregation Studies are the most valuable tax tool for real estate owners, developers, and tenants in leased space of all types. CPAs, Tax Advisors, Architects, and Real Estate Brokers are assisting their clients in the maximization of non-cash depreciation and income tax shielding through cost segregation studies. Our Cost Segregation professionals will answer your questions about the legal authority, the IRS requirements, and the favorable Case Law that governs this niche industry. Also learn the interplay with the EPAct Sec. 179D Energy Efficiency tax deduction, the IRS Tangible Property Repair Regulations, and the favorable Qualified Improvement Property classification of building improvements.
2022 Fall Webinars
Please click through your preferred date to register. You will receive login details directly from GoToWebinar.
Monday, November 7, 2022: 12:00 – 4:00 PM Eastern
Tuesday, November 29, 2022: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM Eastern
Thursday, December 1, 2022: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM Eastern
Wednesday, December 7, 2022: 12:00 – 4:00 PM Eastern
Attendees MUST be logged in and VIEWING the presentation to receive CPE credit. Dialing in and listening to audio only does not constitute attendance. 8 CPE Codes will be displayed on the screen at the rate of 2 per CPE hour. Write these codes down and enter in to the survey window at the end of the presentation OR email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attendance will be tracked by GoToWebinar, and CPE credits will be issued based on active participation, including answering administered polling questions.
Failure to submit codes will affect the number of CPE credits awarded.
The webinar is for CPA CPE credit ONLY. CE Credits are not available for Real Estate Agents or Enrolled Agents.
CPE offered in OH, IN, KY, MI, PA, SC.